A day to enjoy our home away from home , Anjan: 13 hours of continuous rain and wind - Riding In My Grandfather's WW1 Footsteps - CycleBlaze

August 11, 2016

A day to enjoy our home away from home , Anjan: 13 hours of continuous rain and wind

Well this will be our view of the day and judging by the conditions outside, this will be as good as it gets.

This is the view we have in Katwijk.
Heart 1 Comment 0

For the past few days, Dutch people had been warning us that yesterday would be very bad weather. Well, we certainly got some rain and wind, but the forecast was a day late. Today, we will have heavy rain continuously from 8 am until 9 pm tonight. We packed up last night thinking that we would ride, but saner heads prevailed when we woke up, looked outside and read the updated weather forecasts - so we stayed put. The winds and rain are too intense and unrelenting to have a good ride.

We are grateful that our tent, the Anjan is comfortable for living in and wind/rain worthy. Sitting in our ground chairs reading and watching a movie on our computer is not so bad. It is fortuitous that Peter and his friend Cees recommended the campground here as we are close to a village, there is a store and restaurant. If we had carried on to the Nature Camp, we would have been cut off from amenities.

It will be a quiet, restful day at camp. Hopefully we won't go stir crazy.

Route planning with our maps and Nature Camp guidebook.The map pack has 43 individual cycling maps that are the perfect size for on the bike.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Relaxing in the tent while Barry boils water for coffee- thanks Barry!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0