Day 14 Victoria: Hills and two Valleys - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

November 5, 1999

Day 14 Victoria: Hills and two Valleys

Motel El Basque

In the morning we quickly pack up. We are invited in for breakfast: bread, and jam, coffee, and eggs. We exchange addresses and say our goodbyes. It is nice to get to know people in the country you are travelling. 

We say our goodbyes.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We ride back to the main road, back track a bit to make sure we didn't miss any of the route, who know we may want to have done a continuous ride. (Addendum 2022: over the years on 2 other tours, and on this one, we have decided we are not part of the REM, Ride Every Mile club. We view ourselves as travelers and the bike is one mode (though predominate) of transportation)

The country gets a bit hillier; we cross two major valleys and a high bridge at Collipulli and more climbing. The road and shoulder are good, traffic is getting lighter, but we do need to work with the climb. There is a headwind, and we keep losing and gaining the same hundred meters.

At Victoria, arriving around 2pm, we get a room in Motel El Basque, not cheap at 18,000pesos. This is worth it to have the ease of rolling the bikes directly into the room. The showers are the best in Chile so far, hot and powerful. 

Rachel ventures out to find wine and later we cook dinner in the driveway.

Today's ride: 69 km (43 miles)
Total: 649 km (403 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0