Day 120 CaAguazu: a hotel with a pool - Racpat South America 1999-2000 - CycleBlaze

February 19, 2000

Day 120 CaAguazu: a hotel with a pool

Hotel Taji

We are us early and Patrick cannot find anyone in the Hotel to pay for the drinks we took from the refrigerator in our room, so we leave $3.

We lose the shoulder on the road and Patrick rides behind Rachel. The drivers aren't too crazy here but enough to have to pay attention particularly to the oncoming traffic passing.

The hills seem to be a little steeper today, but there are stretches where it's rolling straight (Rachel calls these "flat hills"). The landscape is still mainly farming (granje) but there are glimpses of past tropical jungle. The road carves a corridor, then wide stretches on either side before a side road that goes in front of the houses. The grassy areas have soccer goal posts. Cows tied up to eat the grass.

We arrive to town before noon. The roads are red and dusty. There are road stalls with wooden toys, furniture, food. There is the "civilized" feeling of an asphalt road down the middle of chaos.... people on bicycles, walking, carts, buses coming and going everywhere.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We have no information about this town. Patrick continues riding on and says once we are through the town to a gas station we will stop and ask for a place to stay if we haven't seen anything. But before we get to the last station, we see Hotel sign and a beautiful brick building. Again for $15 a night with breakfast. We roll the bikes through the lobby to our room. The bike stay out in the hallway at the end. A nice modern room and bath, TV and refrigerator. We shower then go for a swim.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We Explore the main street, check internet mail, buy a bottle of water, and eat a buffet meal then go back to the hotel. Reading, relaxing, watching movies. Now this is cycle touring!!

Today's ride: 75 km (47 miles)
Total: 3,919 km (2,434 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0