Week 22: Queen Elizabeth National Park: Safari and boat ride - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 26, 2015

Week 22: Queen Elizabeth National Park: Safari and boat ride

We had arrived early yesterday to the Tembo Safari Guesthouse and arranged an evening safari. This morning we are up before sunrise for another safari. This section of the park has mostly Uganda Cobb along with a few elephants and warthogs. On the evening safari, our guide Mustafa found a male lion in a tree and later we returned when the lion's brother also made his way back to the tree. Mustafa had shared the information of the lion's location with another guide in exchange for information on where other lions were lounging. We could only see the tips of ears and a tail swishing in the air occassionally.

The landscape in QE NP is what is intriguing. It's a savannah with grasses flowing through the islands of trees like water. Late afternoon we were driven to the big Safari Lodge up above the Kazinga Channel...too fancy for our budget but where we catch the boat safari.

The boat safari goes to the end of Kazinga Channel where it flows into Lake Albert. We saw up close herds of elephants and pods of hippos sharing the water with cape buffalo and nile crocidile.

Baboon
Heart 1 Comment 0
Uganda Cobb
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our guide found this lion lounging in a tree.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A little too close for comfort.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ruwenzori mountains in the west.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sunset
Heart 1 Comment 0
Sunrise
Heart 1 Comment 0
Waterbuck and the Kazinga Channel
Heart 0 Comment 0
We like this sign.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Three generations
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0