To Katunguru: Crossing the equator - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

August 25, 2015

To Katunguru: Crossing the equator

Today was a sweet ride.

Given the roads and hills since entering Uganda, today's ride was relatively flat, on asphalt and we made good time. We had been told about Tembo Safari lodge and that was our destination for today. We were also given the name of a guide for safaris into Queen Elizabeth National Park, we had contacted him prior to leaving Fort Portal.

The biggest event today was crossing the equator back into the southern hemisphere. We arrived to Katunguru before noon. The guesthouse is high above the Kasenyi Channel that connects Lake George with Lake Albert. Patrick walks into town for a rolex and also brings back a fresh pineapple. There is an art to carving a pineapple which we don't have, but Patrick made due with the swiss army knife.

Mustafa, our safari guide picked us up at 4 for an evening safari. The Queen Elizabeth National Park fee is good for 24 hours, so tomorrow we will be able to also do an early morning safari and the late afternoon boat ride in the channel.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Taking a break to buy some chapatis.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Back at the equator, headed south this time.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We ride into Queen Elizabeth National Park.
Heart 1 Comment 0
These guys have been stuck here for three days. Maybe they should not have disassembled the engine....
Heart 0 Comment 0
How about that load?
Heart 1 Comment 1
Scott AndersonUnbelievable, like so many other photos through here.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Butchering a pineapple at our Guesthouse in QE NP.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 39 km (24 miles)
Total: 6,199 km (3,850 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0