to Liubcova: robbed of a downhill - Racpat RTW 2015-2017 - CycleBlaze

May 17, 2015

to Liubcova: robbed of a downhill

"I think we are going down just as slow as we went up" says Rachel. After the 7 kilometer 10% grade climb that we pushed our bikes up, we were robbed of the downhill. The road is unsealed, with gulleys and potholes and rocks to avoid. This makes the descent slow and our hands hurt from braking not being able to go very fast. We go through forest and gradually work our way down until finally a view of the Danube River.

We cut across a shortcut and see a sign that indicates the road is closed on the section we plan on cycling. We continue on along the Danube until Patrick sees a policeman parked and asks him about the road. Yes, we can get through, the road is officially closed because of a landslide, but cars have made a way through. Nothing cyclists hate worse than having to back track, so we are happy to continue on.

Rocker's Inn Sasca Montana, the owner lived in New York studying economics and has built a hotel not like other hotels in Romania.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A couple kilometers from our hotel, the 7 kilometer climb begins reaching 10%, we both push our bikes
Heart 0 Comment 0
Village at the summit of the climb
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are on a back road and there will be several times needing to decide which way to go. The 8 Kilometer descent goes through forest.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We reach the Danube River once again
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 53 km (33 miles)
Total: 2,659 km (1,651 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0