Day 41: East Grand Forks to Crookston - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

July 11, 2021

Day 41: East Grand Forks to Crookston

Forza Italia!

“Go and have breakfast,” says the lady who checked us into a room.  We arrived in Crookston at 09:15 and rode past the two more expensive motels to the cheapest one, the Golf Terrace Motel. This one looked a bit rough, so we chose the AmericInn Hotel, just next door.

A full self-serve breakfast is available and after carrying our stuff up to the room we enjoyed a waffle, bagel with cream cheese, scrambled eggs and ham, OJ. The full array also included yogurt, cereal, donuts and coffee: a cyclists dream.

Most importantly, the hotel has ESPN and we watch the Tour de France stage in the Pirenees with a finish in Andorra. A young American rider from Durango wins the stage. Later is the final game of Euro 2020 between England and Italy. Even though Holland was kicked out a while ago we still want to see the game. England scores a very early 1-0, but the Italians tie in the second half and win the game after extra-time on penalty kicks. They deserved it. 

There’s not much around for dining except MacDonald’s, the china buffet is closed on Sundays, so we order a pizza for delivery from Happy Joe’s Pizza.

All in all, it was a fine half rest day.

Simplot, from Boise Idaho
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a beer watching sports
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 25 miles (40 km)
Total: 1,667 miles (2,683 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonSo exciting that Sepp Kuss won a stage in the Pyrenees! The first American to win a TdF stage in eleven years, I think. I’m envious you got to watch it.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago