Day 108: Farmington to Norridgewock - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

September 16, 2021

Day 108: Farmington to Norridgewock

Whistle Stop Trail, briefly

“Whoa, did you see that?” Rachel shouts at about the same time Patrick says, “Follow that trailer!” Flapping in the wind on the back of the trailer is a loose Maine License plate just waiting to fall off for a cyclist to find at the side of the road. 

We are happy to pack up a dry tent, and leave the campground. We don't need to return to US 2, instead we hop onto The Whistle Stop Trail for a few miles into Farmington. We could have picked up this trail in Wilton but we were going to need to be on US 2 for the motels. The trail also goes South from Wilton to Jay and  Livermore Falls. Just outside New Sharon we see a breakfast place and stop. “How big are the pancakes?” Patrick asks the waitress. “They’re big” she says. We order one blueberry pancake and an order of biscuits and gravy. She wasn’t exaggerating!

We stop in Norridgewock for supplies and a bottle of wine for tonight’s dinner. We cross the river and onto a secondary road to find our Warmshower stay for tonight. Ann greets us and makes us feel at home in their beautiful home right on the Kennebeck River. She provides us with homemade soup and muffins for lunch. Dave, her husband is on his own bike trip in New Hampshire, he has a shop where he builds wooden boats. He has also given us advice on the route to take tomorrow.

We very much enjoy our relaxed stay. There are two cats that remind us of home.

 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
pumpkin patch
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
This could be yours for $500
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Town of Norridgewock
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Poster in hallway in house of Warmshowers host
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 28 miles (45 km)
Total: 4,239 miles (6,822 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0