Day 103: Lebanon to North Thetford - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

September 11, 2021

Day 103: Lebanon to North Thetford

One day in Vermont

“It’s pretty cool this morning,” Patrick says. There is lots of dew on the tent. “Patrick will lead us back to the trail,” Stuart says. Fall is in the air. We are packed and set out to meet Judy at a coffee shop in Lebanon at 9am.

Patrick navigates us back to what looks like a trailhead parking and onto the trail, no bush wacking needed this morning. We continue to ride slightly downhill and we are in Lebanon sooner than we expect. Stuart directs us to the coffee shop and Judy arrives soon. We visit and enjoy coffee, we have bagels for breakfast. The plan is to meet up with Stuart and Judy at a Co-op north of Dartmouth Medical Center. Stuart gives us directions and we are off. “We’ll be there in about 45 minutes,” Patrick says.

There’s a few good steep hills, Patrick stops to check the GPS several times, and a few bike paths and routes are marked. Just before the Co-op, there is a running event going on in a large park. Stuart and Judy get their bikes ready and we are off with Stuart leading the way. We are in no great hurry today as the mileage is short and our Warmshowers host asked us to arrive after 2pm.

We ride on the River Road, Stuart stops at a boat landing and we watch two skiff boats practicing rowing and different maneuvers on the Connecticut River. At Lyme, we take East Thetford Road and cross the bridge back into Vermont stopping at Wing’s Supermarket at the junction to Route 5. There’s a nice covered area with picnic tables, we all get something to eat at the market. After visiting a little more, Stuart and Judy take off back to Lebanon. We say goodbye to new friends and hope they come visit us in Boise someday.

Patrick pulls out the tent to dry, when it’s almost 2pm we set off only a couple miles to our Warmshowers host. When we arrive Paula is out in her beautiful garden, and Tom is out on a fund raising bike ride. She quickly makes us feel at home and settle into our room for the night. Later we enjoy beers and pretzels on the porch. Tom arrives home and we have a nice meal together.

We find the trail
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Coffee and Bagels with Judy and Stuart
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
9/11, a bell is ringing at the Fire Station
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
We meet back up with Stuart and Judy on the north side of Lebanon
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch in Vermont with Judy and Stuart
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Paula in her beautiful garden
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying Happy Hour on the deck
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tom is back from his fund raising bike ride and we have a great dinner
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sudoku....
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 24 miles (39 km)
Total: 4,049 miles (6,516 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0