Day 101 Rest day in Boscawen - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

September 9, 2021

Day 101 Rest day in Boscawen

Not that we needed one

Not that we needed another rest day. After commenting that we had only taken 8 rest days so far…we seem to be slowing down, and taking more.

The forecast for rain all last night and today made us rethink doing the Northern rail to trail, given our experience with the Ashuelot Trail after rain. Also, Stuart a NH native who is going to join us on the trail also suggested maybe postponing a day. He has ridden this trail before. Our hosts agreed to let us stay another day. This also gives our laundry a chance to completely dry. Our hosts have a washer, but the dryer is on the outside clothes line. By the time we did the laundry, the sky was starting to cloud up. We moved the clothes to a drying rack in our room.

We did make progress on firming up our route to Calais; Patrick contacting potential Warmshowers hosts and asking for Maine route advice. Mostly though, it’s raining and we are happy not to be camping. Just down the road is a family restaurant where we have some excellent Clam Chowder for lunch. When Charlie hears that we want to go back there for dinner to have their Shepard’s Pie, he offers to make his own and we have another nice dinner with Charlie and Mabel.

Dust collection in barn
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Joanna HanselmannJust amazing reading your stories! Can’t wait to read more!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago