Day 10: Rest Day in Republic - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

June 10, 2021

Day 10: Rest Day in Republic

Two passes earned the two beers and a rest day

The lazy start to the day means not getting up at 5:30am and on the road. The morning time is spent looking at maps, GPS distances and elevations, potential camping spots and/or WS hosts, and planning the next few days from Republic to Sandpoint.

We decide to do the Flowering Trail Road between Chewelah and Usk, so now it’s figuring out the staging from Republic. Do we go to Kettle Falls or Colville. If Colville, it is then on highway 395 for 20 miles to Chewelah to Flowering Trail Road for 30 miles over to Usk and camping. The next day from Usk to Sandpoint, ID would be 45miles.

Around noon, we walk back to explore the town, and look for options for lunch; we return to Esther’s for Mexican food.  As we leave the restaurant and look down the street, we see a loaded bike outside the Knotty Pine. We talk with Mike for a while and he mentioned he camped in Wauconda at the small RV park. 

Our next task is shopping for supplies for tomorrow. We pick up a bottle of Pinot Gris for tonight’s salmon dinner. Patrick goes with Rob to their cabin to help get rid of a big pile juniper bushes that Rob previously ripped out. In the evening we have a great salmon dinner, wild caught by Rob in Alaska.

View walking back to town from WS hosts
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our WS hosts are Pharmacists and have just sold the Republic Drug Store.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The beef is raised on the farm of the owner of Esther's Mexican Restaurant
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Patty and Rob Slagle
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0