Day 78: Rest day in Peje - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

May 4, 2023

Day 78: Rest day in Peje

Lazy day

“Before you arrived there were two other cyclists but I knew it wasn’t you because of the shirts.” Chuck says as we are visiting about our arrival yesterday. He is alluding to the fact that we wear the same shirts every day…. And it is true, as long as the weather is dry and the clothes you are wearing are not wet is makes sense from a cyclists perspective to keep wearing the same smelly clothes. It is better to keep those nice clean dry clothes in reserve for when you really need them. Sure, it would be nice to start off with clean clothes every morning, but you would not know the difference after the first ten kilometers or first climb.

Susan talked with Todd and Luciana who informed them that we were not too far behind.

Slowly we all are awake and having coffee. Rachel makes French toast and fried potatoes for breakfast. 

At around 0830, Susan and Patrick ride into town for shopping. With the help of the owner of this apartment, Patrick finds a small bikeshop to have the freewheel tightened again.

Fixing the peanut butter jar for their touring
Heart 2 Comment 0

“Are you ready to sacrifice your shirt?” Patrick asks Rachel. He uses the blue shirt to clean the chains. The light morning rain becomes more stormy weather in the afternoon. It’s good to be inside. Rachel fixes chicken fried rice for all of us for dinner. Chuck had asked a man with a truck to drop by to discuss taking us up to the border. The discussion ended quickly when he charges 100Euro.

 

So we may be riding up over the mountain tomorrow.

Rachel gives Patrick THE blue shirt to clean the bike chains
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltEnd of an era...
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
Kim JohnsonI can't believe this!!!!
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
A pattern of tie-dye with grease
Heart 3 Comment 0
Scott and Rachel, starting tomorrow Rachel will be riding in a new outfit, a different blue shirt
Heart 2 Comment 1
Scott AndersonI can’t believe you’re parting with that! It’s got so much character nd history now. Is it too late to recover it?
Reply to this comment
11 months ago
The discussion about a ride ends quickly with the charge of 100EU
Heart 2 Comment 0
A cozy evening of sharing
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Rachael AndersonI agree with you about wearing the same clothes!
Reply to this comment
11 months ago