Day 48: Housekeeping Duties in Alghero - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

April 4, 2023

Day 48: Housekeeping Duties in Alghero

Shopping, Poste and Sim Card

Today is about housekeeping duties. 

We decided to mail a few items no longer needed to Holland for us to then reclaim to take back home.

First we go grocery shopping for food for tomorrow's ride and to buy tape and find a box for the mailing. Success with all those items on the agenda. We go back to our room, pack the box, then walk to the Posta Italia Office. 

The Poste is very busy, we take a number and wait. Finally, our number is up, the clerk is very helpful as we had not completed the proper forms. It will take a week for the box to arrive in Holland. Next we buy a sim card and data for our cellphone. By now it is noon, and we go back to our room and eat ham and cheese sandwiches.

We work on the pictures and journal, make adjustments to our route across Sicily. We have heard from Scott and Rachael Anderson that they are "shifting gears" and our planned meet up in Patti will not happen. One day we will meet, hopefully they will visit us in Boise when we are home. We have decided not to tackle the steep hills in central Sicily, instead we will follow the north coast of the island. This will probably get us about three days ahead of our planned schedule, time we will be able to use later on our way north to Holland.

Around 6pm we headed out to find dinner. Earlier in our walk about we passed an Indian Restaurant and that Indian food sounded good to both of us. We then wandered around the old town. We had vague information that today there would be at 8pm a Procession of the Mysteries but we could not find the route. 

Tomorrow, we move on to Bosa.

Holy Week.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 13
Comment on this entry Comment 0