Day 45: Ramadan is a distant memory - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

April 1, 2023

Day 45: Ramadan is a distant memory

Sightseeing and Eating in Barcelona

“Ramadan is a distant memory,” Patrick says as we find a café with an English Breakfast. We take the morning first to return to the Sagrade Familia. Tickets are online only and even this early the crowds are growing. So we just do a kora around the cathedral. We walk past the re-read bookstore and find 3 English books and get 0.35 euro for our book. 

An English Breakfast sin baked beans and sausages
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Transition of the older part on the left
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 8 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltRedbuds and parrots... interesting combination.

The flowers are edible and tasty too.

https://unrulygardening.com/redbud-flowers/#:~:text=Redbud%20flowers%20are%20high%20in,such%20as%20those%20listed%20below.&text=Top%20spring%20salads%20with%20edible%20flowers%20such%20as%20redbuds%20and%20violets.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Scott AndersonMonk parakeets, an introduced species (escaped pets) that are becoming a significant issue in Spain because they’re so successfully adapting to urban environments.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stop in at the Re-read bookstore and find replace our finished books with new ones.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Then we wander back toward the Arc de Triomf, the Gothic area and along the boardwalk.

One of many water spigots. We see runners stop for a drink.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
This little guy whizzed past us all alone then stopped at the gumball machine where his mom caught up with him eventually.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Las Ramblas
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Before returning to the hotel we stop for tapas and a beer.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We paid for another night in the hotel and this has been nice to relax the rest of the day rather than checkout at Noon. At dusk, we decide to ride to the ferry. Still a little uncertain to the Grimaldi terminal is located, as well as any unforeseen problems that might arise, we decide to go at around 830. Patrick navigates us in a more direct route that is on bike paths. Lots of people are out in the streets and we ride the 5km to the terminal with no problem. 

Today's ride: 5 km (3 miles)
Total: 1,487 km (923 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 0