Before we buy the ticket: We need to find a House/cat sitter - Racpat Morocco to Holland 2023 - CycleBlaze

Before we buy the ticket: We need to find a House/cat sitter

We've been friends on FB for years. Kim is an avid cyclist and just finishing solo cycling in Africa and has her journal here: Kim and Glory - It's in My Soul - CycleBlaze (as well as that other site of past tours.) 

We meet for the first time in person when Kim was driving through Boise in 2019. Another cyclist Jacob Ashton also was staying with us. (Jacob's journal on that other site: NIKTIA)
Heart 2 Comment 0

Last summer on our Northern Tier Tour, we meet up again when Kim makes the effort to find us in West Glacier. She treats us well: bringing popsicles to us as we climbed Marias Pass on a very hot day, and in the campground on the summit of the pass, she gives us beer and a big bag of chips. Kim just finished her tour (see journal link above) and open to house sit for us mid-February to mid or end of April. Most important, she likes cats!

West Glacier
Heart 4 Comment 0
West Glacier Campground with another cyclist friend, Robert, and another solo cyclist, Trajan.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Road angel Kim brings us popsicles just below Marias Pass
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Another couple of cyclists arrive and also enjoy the popsicles.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Ron SuchanekWe ran into them in Winthrop the year you did the NT. They were a few days ahead of you at that point.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensYes, I think I remember you telling us that!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
Marias Pass, the Southern route because the Going to the Sun Road is still closed to through traffic
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kim found us in the Campground on the Pass and left us a bag of chips, perfect ......
Heart 3 Comment 0
.....and Beer. Thanks Kim.
Heart 2 Comment 0

This past week in October, Kim agrees to house and cat sit, Feb-April.  First part completed; we know we can leave in February. But what about for the return date? How long can we stay gone?

Heart 1 Comment 0
Miles, Tashi and Ocho
Heart 2 Comment 0

 Now, the next part for an end date..... Patrick's dad and wife, Frans and Petra agree again to come for 3 months to house/cat sit. Perhaps this will work out better than last summer when they came for 3 months. We bailed riding the Great Divide, so shared the house, though we did an 8-day ride, and they vacationed on the Oregon Coast for a week. 

This time we will be further away and will stay away until our return date.

Heart 2 Comment 0

Frans and Petra can stay in USA for 90 days, until the end of June. That gives us a return date, with being back at least a week before they return to Holland.

Ticket is purchased October 22: Leaving Boise for Casablanca, Morocco Feb 15, 2023 and returning from Amsterdam June 18! 

Now we need to get serious about planning the route!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 17
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonThanks for the prod. We need to get serious about planning ourselves but our current tour keeps getting in our way!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago