Off to Nice - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

June 17, 2019

Off to Nice

We left Aix this morning for our final stop, Nice before heading home on Thursday.  We took the whole day getting to our VRBO apartment on the beach along Promenade des Anglais.  We stopped in Moustiers Ste Marie for coffee followed by driving the north edge of the Gorge de Verdon to Castellane for lunch.  We arrived in Nice about 5PM to settle in.  We plan to visit Monaco and tour Nice over the next few days.

Before leaving Aix I wanted to go to this workshop where Santon figurines are made. Santon means “small saint” in the Provençal language. They started by making religious figurines but have branched out to other things.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The shepherd facing a mistral wind.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The man in the foreground is the 4th generation artist. They are hand made from clay, fired in the oven in the background and when cooled hand painted.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Moustiers Ste Marie
Heart 0 Comment 0
Also Moustiers Ste Marie.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Gorge de Verdon. I have ridden my bike along both the north and south shore roads including the Route de Crête.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hilary and Gail at the gorge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Gorge de Verdon in the other direction.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Castellane where we had lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The last stop before we headed down to the Mediterranean via the Gorge du Loup.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The view this evening from the balcony of our flat. Lovely but noisy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0