Off to Aix en Provence - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

June 15, 2019 to June 16, 2019

Off to Aix en Provence

Sat June 15

Our cycle tour ended after breakfast today so we headed off to Aix-en-Provence for 2 nights.  Along the way we stopped in Les Baux de Provence to visit the village and take in an amazing light show inside the rocks that have been carved out to project the lights.  The projection was on all of the walls and even the floor with musical accompaniment.  The first show was the art of Van Gogh and the second was a Japanese display.  We have settled into a lovely hotel in Aix where the wifi is finally good.  It also has a lovely pool and spa so we know where to find Christopher.  We are tired so it was dinner and bed.

All packed up and ready to roll.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A 12th century in Les Baux.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying dessert at lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Van Gogh projection.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Japanese imagery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The village and chateau of Les Baux from below.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Les Baux chateau.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Sun June 16

We spent the morning touring Aix on foot and by a small tourist train.  It is Sunday so this changes the dynamic in the city a little.  We are all very tired so it was a quiet afternoon in the hotel or around the pool relaxing in the sun and listening to some live music.  We had dinner for the second night in a row at a great Chinese food place.  It was so good last night we went back again.  Aix is known as the city of water and Cezanne.  We saw several fountains and of course the statue of Cezanne.

The pool at our hotel.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yes we are in Aix-en-Provence (pronounced X).
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cezanne.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The largest fountain in Aix in the rotonde.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Some beautiful sunflowers in the market.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The bell tower at city hall.
Heart 0 Comment 0
René the good a very popular king in the 1500s.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another fountain on the boulevard.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lunch time in the shade of the bell tower.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another of the fountains.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And gelato of course.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0