Day 8 - Gorges de la Nesque - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

Day 8 - Gorges de la Nesque

Today was a repeat of my favourite ride in the area, Gorges de la Nesque.  I have now ridden this route 5 times and it never ceases to amaze.  There is one climb between Malaucène and Bédoin and another before entering the road to the gorge. The totals for today were 101km with 4300ft of climbing.  The road along the gorge was about 15km in length and was 2-4% all the way up but that means it was the same downhill on the way back.  The unique feature of this route are 4 arches that are low enough to prevent large vehicles from getting through so it is a cyclists haven.  It was a long day especially after Mt Ventoux yesterday.  One very interesting thing that we saw today at the turn around point was un sanglier (wild boar) mooching food from the cyclists.  We stopped in Bédoin for lunch before the final stretch home.

The 3 of us before we started showing off our Mont Ventoux jerseys that we EARNED.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Hilary coming out of the first arch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me heading into the 3rd arch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A panorama at the turn around point with some cyclists still coming up.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The “sanglier” (wild 🐗) who took a shine to me and kept following we everywhere.
Heart 0 Comment 0
On the descent with the ever present Mt Ventoux in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We climbed to this point twice, once in each direction.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I did say that I love this ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 101 km (63 miles)
Total: 137 km (85 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0