Day 9 - Our last ride - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

June 14, 2019

Day 9 - Our last ride

Today was scheduled to be a day of whatever we wanted so we took advantage of that by doing laundry followed by some shopping in Bédoin and lastly by a short bike ride, at least by Hilary and me.  All of this was precipitated by some iffy weather and the hesitation in our decision making.  Christopher decided that he had met his goals and therefore took the afternoon to  rest and read.  Gail went exploring the remainder of the old village and did some retail therapy.  Hilary and I decided to do one last ride in Provence so we did the last part of Ride 4 towards Cairanne .  We did 36km with 1200ft of climbing which in this part of the world is an easy day.  At the end of the ride we enjoyed a “formidable” beer.  Tomorrow we head off to Aix for 2 night and then on to Nice for 3 nights.  Sadly the cycling is finished.  However we have upcoming adventures in Aix and Nice with points in between.

Checkout this old fellow at the grocery store. His saddle bags are full of dried pasta. I am not sure what is older the bike or him.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The round about entering Bédoin with Mt Ventoux in the background. The route from Bédoin is the one the pros ride in the Tour de France.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sister Hilary blends in with the scenery.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Entering Villedieu
Heart 0 Comment 0
This funky rock art/garden with the medieval castle in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Celebrating our last ride and the conclusion of the cycle tour with a “formidable” beer.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And we drank it all.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 km (22 miles)
Total: 36 km (22 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0