Day 2 - Les Dentelles de Montmirail - Provence Again 🇫🇷 - CycleBlaze

June 7, 2019

Day 2 - Les Dentelles de Montmirail

Today was a beautiful ride around the Dentelles de Montmirail, it is named this because the mountains look like teeth from a distance.  It was spectacularly beautiful on a warm but windy day.  We rode 70km with 360ft of climbing.  The rides are getting longer and hilly each day preparing for the assault on Mont Ventoux next week.  We passed through more quaint villages and vineyards.  We ( Hilary, Christopher, Gail and me) started out as a group only to be joined by two women who are great riders from Connecticut.  We got separated when they failed to make the correct turn as we approached Malaucène  so we were again four.  Christopher did a great job today meeting his goal of 50km while we carried on for the full 70.  We reached Malaucène ucene to early for lunch so we opted to keep going to have a great bruschetta and beer back in Vaison.  More fun tomorrow.

Today’s map and profile.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our little gang at a roundabout with castle in the hill, sorry did nit get name of town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Getting the multi finger salute. The small fingers look like mine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
In the vineyard at the top of a climb with the Dentelles in the background.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Gail and Hilary almost at the top. Hilary is loving her Pinarello road bike that has e-assist.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Proof we made it to the top of this climb.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My bike at the top as well.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This has been lunch 2 days in a row. A freshly made bruschetta that with a beer is the perfect post ride lunch.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Proof Christoper was on his bike and even seemed to be enjoying it.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 70 km (43 miles)
Total: 445 km (276 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0