Trinidad to A cabin in the Redwoods! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

October 11, 2018

Trinidad to A cabin in the Redwoods!

Stafford RV Park

We left Carol's house by 9:30 and rode along the Scenic view road. Lea and Mike left at the same time and we were leap frogging along here. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

They decided to join uf for a while and soon we were all on the Hammond Trail which was very nice. 

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

The six of us ended up riding all day together. We all stopped in Eureka at Costco and they were gong to rest a while but we all ended up resting the same amount and we left together again. They were going as far as Ferndale so we said goodbye there. 

We stopped to chat with these local guys who were very nice. 

Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We continued through beautiful farm land along the river. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

In Scotia we stopped for groceries and the store was across from the Inn which is closed right now. It's huge. 

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Here Butch who showed us where to go at the Stafford RV park. He drives a cart with Bailey and Jake in tow. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Bailey and Jake are always up for a ride. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

Our cabins were just big enough for our beds, a microwave, frig and a heater. We slept like logs after climbing 2,357 feet and riding over 66 miles!

Today's ride: 66 miles (106 km)
Total: 778 miles (1,252 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Nancy MathisrudWow ! that is a lot of miles in one day.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyWe took the next day off!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago