Day off in the Woods - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

October 12, 2018

Day off in the Woods

Great rest day

This morning after breakfast, we did laundry. I was looking for the laundry room when out came Trown! He showed me where to go. The people here at Stafford RV are very kind. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

Redwoods on our hike today!

Heart 0 Comment 0

Butch is an artist. He hollowed out a stump, (took him three years) and built a tree house like I've never seen. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

This was a tree on our hike that was sawn back in the day when the men had to use a big long saw between them to do the work!

Heart 0 Comment 0

Butch built everything in the treehouse. This is below in the stump he hollowed out. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

On our hike, we walked down to the river edge. It is very shallow right now with the lack of rain. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

Jake and Bailey are riding with us. 

Heart 0 Comment 0

The huge stump for the tree house. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

The treehouse!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Butch is upstairs showing me all the cool things he built here. See the lamp base!

Heart 1 Comment 0

This is Trown. He took Emma and I for a very cool hike in the Redwoods. He brought us zuchini and tomatoes from his garden and when he found out we had no butter or garlic he brought us that too along with half a loaf of Sourdough bread. that was our lunch and dinner so we didn't even have to go into Scotia again for groceries. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

Where's Emy?

Heart 1 Comment 0

Butch even built the stairs leading up to the tree house. 

Heart 2 Comment 0

We had a great rest day! Napping, hiking, reading! Topped off with a great dinner of zuchini, garlic, tomotoes, butter, cheese heated in the microwave. It was delicious! Good night!

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0