Three Capes Route - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

September 30, 2018

Three Capes Route

Tillamook Bay City RV Park to Surf & Sand Inn, Pacific City

It rained last night and we were snug as bugs in a rug in our yurt! I forgot to take a picture of it! We were packing up this morning when it started to rain so we scooted the bikes back inside, put on all our rain gear and headed for Tillamook!

Heart 0 Comment 0

After breakfsst at McDonald's, we started out on the Three Capes Route and it was so beautiful. Lots of fishermen were out. The road was closed to cars six miles in but bikes were OK!

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
You can see why they had to close the road to cars but it was wonderful on bicycles.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Scott AndersonI love this stretch of abandoned road by Cape Meares. It’s been like this for at least several years. I hope they never repair it.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyIt was SO cool! I agree. It was great to have no traffic except the fishermen and locals.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Climbing to the top!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Emma and I hiked out to an old Blue Spruce
Heart 2 Comment 0
750 - 800 years old
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0

In Netarts we found a grocery store selling Curry and breakfast burritos. Delicious. 

Heart 1 Comment 0

There were outlets outside so we plugged in the bikes for the fun of it!

Heart 0 Comment 0

Will drove up and got out his scooter to show us. We went for a spin!

Will lives here in Netarts
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Finally, we rode up to three touring cyclists. They started last spring in Key West, rode up the Atlantic Coast, crossed the northern Tier and they are heading down the Pacific Coast to LA and San Diego!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Suddenly the terrain turned to Sand Dunes for several miles! What makes that happen?
Heart 1 Comment 0
Justin checked us in at the Surf n Sand Motel. He let us do laundry. Very nice place.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Nighty night!
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 339 miles (546 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0