Half day ride still in the rain - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

October 1, 2018

Half day ride still in the rain

Pacific City to Lincoln City

Heading out from the Surf and Sand in Pacific City, Oregon. Breakfast is at the Grateful Bread!
Heart 0 Comment 2
Mike AylingThat's a lot of luggage, are you camping as well?

Mike
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyHi Mike,
We actually started out with just the back bags but bought the front racks on the road and had Emma bring us our front bags. We do have our tent, sleeping bags and air mattresses just in case we have to camp. So far, we've just used our Sleeping bags in a yurt and at a warm showers host's house.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Roran road up as I was locking up my bike and he joined us for breakfast. He is riding up from San Francisco to Port Angeles.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Breakfast fueled us up for the 800+ foot climb between Pacific City and Lincoln City.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Claudia OwenI thought your Bosch CX motor powered you up the hills.🚵‍♂️🚵‍♀️
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyThis is true! They have been so great!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Made it to the top!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Scott runs the Sea Echo Motel in North Lincoln City. He is upgrading all the rooms.
Heart 1 Comment 0
He makes soup for the soup kitchen in town and he brought some for us and crackers. A great lunch on a wet day.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Relaxing in the room.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We got here around 2pm and after soup we walked down to the beach and over to Safeway to pick up some soup and salad for dinner, etc. Emma and Sheri are still out wandering around. I'm tired and ready for a rest! 

Today's ride: 21 miles (34 km)
Total: 360 miles (579 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0