Out of the gate! Poulsbo to Dosewallips - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

September 21, 2018

Out of the gate! Poulsbo to Dosewallips

Day 1: Poulsbo to Dosewallips State Park

No internet last night! Catching up today. 

Step us relaxing in our little cabin
Heart 1 Comment 0
Cute!
Heart 1 Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesThat is so great! Table, bunk bed, sofa, room for bikes - swell. It looks way nicer than the Shelton Inn.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyIt was an adorable cabin but I was up most of the night due and there was no internet. What can I say? How's Dodi? I'll go check the journal!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago

Beautiful mild day today. We said goodbye to Jan and Kim. Wish we could take them with us. They are the best AirBnB hosts! We feel part of the family. 

We rode out to the Hood Canal Bridge and over onto the Olympic Peninsula. We climbed out 101 to Center Road and took Center into Quilcene. We were hungry so we stopped at the Twana Roadhouse for lunch. I was craving a grilled cheese and tomato sandwich. Doesn't that sound good?

We stuffed ourselves and then rode up over Walker Pass and rolled down into Brinnon. We went right past the only store so we turned around and went back. Got cottage cheese for dinner and some things for breakfast and then rode into the park. We have an adorable cabin and it's a good thing as it started to rain soon after we were snug in our place!

Lunch in Quilcene!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jan and Kim rent us a garage apartment in Poulsbo when we are in town. Jan takes care of the garden.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is our little apartment kitchen
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Here's Kim at work on his computer!

Jan's Garden

Heart 2 Comment 0
Kim and Jan
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are loaded and ready to go!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 49 miles (79 km)
Total: 49 miles (79 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0