Long Lake! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

June 21, 2019

Long Lake!

Blue Ridge to Long Lake

Tom was such a sweetie. He let us take over the rec room. He brought us a microwave so we could heat things and he let us use the cooler for our frig! There were big couches to sleep on and lots of room to let things dry out from yesterday's rain.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here is Blue Ridge Falls just across the street. The water is flowing strong and last night there were flash flood warmings
Heart 0 Comment 0
So, here we go through the Adirondacks for another day of clmbing the eastern hills. We were climbing jjust over 100 feet a mile for the first 16 miles. We did 2600 feet of climbing over 36 miles today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I could see this guy in the middle of the road so I stopped to herd him to the other side before any traffic came through.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltGood on you! Just keep clear of the other end. That is a snapping turtle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_snapping_turtle
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
He was really big. Too big to lift up. I hope Bill Shaneyfeld tells me what kind of turtle or tortoise he is!
Heart 1 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltFemale snapping turtle. Snappers normally stay in the water, but this time of year, females roam about looking for the perfect spot to dig a nest and lay eggs.

Good picture!
Reply to this comment
4 years ago
The little town of Long Lake was the only town we saw today. It's basically an intersection but it was full of places to eat and buy stuff. Here Stephen has a new friend.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We found lunch across the street from the bear. A gal walked up and just had to take our picture!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beate greeted us at the Shamrock Motel. She wanted to take our picture too.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tim and Pebbles. Third generation taking care of this motel and cottages on the Lake. It's beautiful here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Cute motel
Heart 0 Comment 0
Home for tonight
Heart 0 Comment 0
We walked down to the lake
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sat and enjoyed the view
Heart 0 Comment 0
Started to rain so we came back to the room for a nap
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0

Today's ride: 36 miles (58 km)
Total: 8,736 miles (14,059 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0