Hitching a Ride! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

November 13, 2018

Hitching a Ride!

Pine Valley to Jacumba Hot Springs

The wind blew through the night. It was dark by 5pm and I'm not sure what time we fell asleep but we got lots of rest! In the morning, Brittany let me use her stove to heat water for coffee and oatmeal so we were all set!

Ray checked us into his hotel yesterday and told us he might be able to give us a ride today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here's Brittany. She lives in Jasper! She flew into Colorado and is riding her bike even though she mainly likes to hike. She is nursing an injury so she is making the best of what she can do! Her boyfriend is running up the coast right now with a stroller carrying his gear!
Heart 0 Comment 0
So Ray arrived this morning and got a generator going for his guests. Then he had Marion drive us to Jacumba!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Stephen and Em and I loaded up the bikes and all the bags
Heart 0 Comment 0
Marion is the one on the right. He works for Ray! Sweet guys! Trail Angels.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Brittany rode off on her bike. She texted me later to let me know she is safe and sound. She also had trouble on the Interstate portion and walked her bike. Someone stopped and gave her a ride to Alpine and she said the riding was find from there.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Marion brought us all the way to Jacumba Hot Springs where we have a reservation. They give cyclists and hikers a discount. The PCT goes by here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lacy and Tina were here last time we stayed! Fun to see familiar faces.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Bridget let us do laundry. Now we are super clean!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Melissa helps her parents run the Love Shack which is full of local artists including lots of her mom and dads crafts.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We did our shopping, ate lunch here at the resort, did laundry, sat in the jucuzzi mineral hot springs and reorganized our stuff! Tomorrow we hope to ride to Brawely!

Emma went out for a walk and found the natural hot springs!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Very pretty up here.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sweet dreams everyone!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0