Gettin the Job Done - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

February 22, 2019

Gettin the Job Done

Venice to Fort Meyers

Emma and Shawn ran over to Lowes last night and this gal knew just what Emma needed for her bike bags. She is all set now if anymore screws loosen and fall out.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This morning we headed out a bit earlier. We have 50ish miles to go and it's going to be hot!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were on route 41 all the day which is called the Tamiami Trail. It's a big wide road with both a bike lane and a wide winding sidewalk/path beside it. Lots of stopping and starting but it was fine. Got us here to Fort Meyers.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stopped in Walmart and Dicks Sporting Goods to start to arm ourselves for the Everglades. We are not going down without a fight from the gnats, noseums and mosquitos.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We had a nice lunch at a Barbque place with a nice table in the shade. After lunch I hit something that flew up and bit my shin and then Emma's back tire got a chuck of something in it. We stopped to fix her flat and put a boot in the tire until we can get her a new tire.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Further down the road we came upon a Goodwill so we stopped and I got another summer skirt and two tops. When we got to our hotel I thought I was cutting the inside short out of the skirt but I accidentally cut the skirt off so I will have to find me a different summer skirt!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stephen and I took turns leading against the South wind but it wasn't too brisk and it kept us cool all day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stopped at a Publix for dinner stuff and made our way to the hotel.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We are just North of the Bridge going into Fort Meyers at the EconoLodge. It's very cozy.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 5,138 miles (8,269 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0