Errand Day - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

December 3, 2018

Errand Day

El Paso

The first amazing event today was breakfast! Oh my, does Holiday Inn Express ever do it RIGHT! There's both caf and decaf brewed coffee. Hot mini cinnibons - the real thing! Other delicious looking muffins, English muffins and bagels, a pancake maker, fresh veggie omelets, or eggs, bacon, turkey sausage and crispy biscuits and gravy. A big pot of cooked oatmeal with all the good stuff to add as in yogurt, raisins, walnuts, brown sugar, milk. Bananas!!! My hat is off. I will stay again. Our one beef with Holiday inn is no microwave or frig in the room which is why we usually do not choose them. But that breakfast is a 50 dollar meal out for sure! We can always make a dinner work even if we have nothing in the room and there is a microwave downstairs. 

Okay, next decision - do we stay another day or go...STAY! Emma and I went back up to the room and back to bed! We were tired. I mapped us all the way to Del Rio which is this next map. 

Step started watching videos for how to put on his stem extendor to bring the handlebars up and back. He looked up bike shops and realized there was one within a mile so he loaded up and headed out. 

Emma needed to fill a prescription so we were getting ready to do that when I hear a SHOOT! (Or a word similar to that) She had popped a Bit O Honey in her mouth and broke off a piece of tooth. There's no better place in this country to need dental work than down here. So off we headed to downtown to see what we could find. 

Em'a dental adventure begins with a very sweet receptionist
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dr Roget Ortiz
Heart 1 Comment 0
The different tasks were performed - X-ray
Heart 1 Comment 0
Smoothing down the edges of the broken tooth
Heart 1 Comment 0

First we headed for Walgrens and after some jumping through hoops, Emma got another 60 days of her script. We walked across the street to a Mexican Restaurant for lunch and found two. One was selling Gordidas so we thought, why not. It was cash only. Mine was $2. Delicious. A warmed up pocket filled with yummy green sauce, potato and grated cheese. Em got cactus, meat and red sauce. Stephen called. He was back from the bike shop so he started over to the restaurant. 

Meanwhile, Em looked up a dentist and saw you could do Walk-ins! Go for it Em. See what they can do. She headed out and when Step arrived we went next door to the Mexican place that had Chili Rellanos. The gal who took the order didn't know English so Step pointed to a picture on the menu in addition to asking for a side of Rellanos. She got it. 

On the way back to the hotel, we stumbled by a little market and inside they had just made a big batch of tameles. We bought three red and three green for tonight's dinner along with some fresh pineapple and salad. 

Got a text from Em. She'd seen the dentist and he can smooth out the tooth so she can "finish the trip and have fun." She will need a crown but not urgent. 

Downtown El Paso
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Here's our very nice Holliday Inn Express
Heart 1 Comment 0
Pretty colors
Heart 1 Comment 0
Breakfast in the morning!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Stephen's new stem extender and his new saddle. He says his butt is smiling.
Heart 1 Comment 0
He's ready to take on Texas!
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is an excellent sleeping arrangement when I have to keep my head upright so I don't start coughing. I wonder if there's a way to take it with me???
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looks like we will head out in the morning!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0