Dems Da Brakes! - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

November 5, 2018

Dems Da Brakes!

Redondo Beach to Long Beach

Morgan is our warm showers host tonight!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Matt and Morgan are cooking up a storm tonight!
Heart 0 Comment 0

So last night Stephen went to adjust his brakes and instead he dumped out his hydraulic brake fluid. I called the local bike shops but it was Sunday and no one wanted to deal with it. 

Cherie came over from Burbank and had dinner with us. (T's sister) What a fun surprise. We had an awesome Thai meal. 

This morning we headed out to the first bike shop. His brake mechanic wasn't in so he suggested Smith's. What a find. Ron and Andrew were there. Ron was wonderful. He believe's in fixing things rather than just replacing them. Finally a man of our own hearts. He bled the brakes and straightened Stephen's rotor. He looked at mine and said they looked fine to him!

Excellent bike shop - finally!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ron helped us with the bikes and the route to our warm showers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Lots of neat stuff in his shop. Step got another tool.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We were done around noon so we headed out and had a really neat ride through LA! We came into some industry and the truck drivers were so cool. They completely cleared the lane we were in and helped us make a turn. Then we saw it. Taco Truck for the truckers!

This was a busy place!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Jessica took our order.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We had a table in the shde and everything.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The best fish tacos I've ever had. Step got the fish plate on the left and Em got the right assorted tacos.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More of Ron's shop. sorry it's out of order.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We still had time before we wanted to bug Matt so Emma spotted the Angel Food Donut shop!

There it is!
Heart 0 Comment 0
This sweetie fixed us up with a donut and decaf!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yum!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Sorry, I forgot to take pictures of the food!
Heart 1 Comment 0

We headed for our warm shower and boy are we being spoiled! Our room has a balcony and it looks out over the pool!

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Matt had some work left to do.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Noche
Heart 0 Comment 0
Denali
Heart 0 Comment 0
Luna
Heart 0 Comment 0

We had Coconut fish Curry for dinner. Morgan and I walked to Trader Joe's for the ingredients. Stephen and I walked the dogs when we got back. I'll get a picture of Milton in the morning. He's an old pup. Great family. Good night.

Today's ride: 15 miles (24 km)
Total: 1,655 miles (2,663 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0