Crossing the rivers - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 15, 2019

Crossing the rivers

Simmesport to New Roads

Stevie guarded us all night with the AK-47 that Ray's son brought over last night and showed him how to use!
Heart 0 Comment 0

Right out of Simmesports we crossed the Atchafalaya River! There was no stopping to take a picture on the bridge. We just claimed the lane and pedaled. Traffic was very light so it was fine. Next we rode along the Mississippi River and started seeing signs of the Mississippi River Trail. 

It was a few degrees warmer today and we had the wind at our side and back so we didn't get as cold today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We rode by a gigantic pile of logs. So that's where the trucks are getting their logs! They were spraying them with water to keep them from cracking.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We rode by this little church and graveyard.
Heart 1 Comment 0
As we rode by these cows, they all started to run and they ran along with us for awhile.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are in New Roads at Point Breeze Motel! We are at the end of Map 5 except we are doing the spur through Baton Rogue and New Orleans. Emma hasn't been to New Orleans yet so we have to go!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Looking out our room at Point Breeze. This is the False River!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 43 miles (69 km)
Total: 3,880 miles (6,244 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0