Crossing the Mississippi - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

January 16, 2019

Crossing the Mississippi

New Roads to Baton Rouge

We started out from New Roads today and before we knew it we were 15 miles east and heading down Highway 61 toward Baton Rouge! We are on the spur to new Orleans. 

We are crossing the Mississippi! It is at 38.5 feet which is 3.5 feet above flood level!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode to The Bicycle Shop and had our bikes checked. Everything looks good except Stephen needs a new front rotor! They didn't have a 160 so they called a shop in New Orleans and we will go get it switched out next week! WHile the mechanics were working on the bikes we walked over to the Chimes!

We had Shrimp PoBoy and Catfish Purdue which is catfish topped with crayfish etouffee and both were deliciious! I forgot to take a picture.
Heart 1 Comment 0
For dessert we had bread pudding with praline whiskey rum sauce and whipped cream. It was so good.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Mark our warm shower host met us back at the bike shop and we all rode back to his house. He took us through the University and along the Mississippi River.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here we are in front of the law building at the University.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 miles (80 km)
Total: 3,930 miles (6,325 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0