Austin bridges and the Colorado River - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

December 25, 2018

Austin bridges and the Colorado River

Merry Christmas

Emma was all set to ride over to Barton Springs to go for a swim today. The temperature was up in the 70s so it was a good day for it. I am still recovering from the Cedar Pollen attack! I think I slept on and off until noon. 

Emma passed lots of bridges on her way to and from the Spring.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Lots of turtles out sunning on the river.
Heart 2 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltNot quite enough detail for me to be sure, but I believe these are chicken turtles.

http://www.austinreptileservice.net/turtles.html
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
People were out walking, riding and scootering.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
SHe says lots of people were swimming today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
An Egret!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltThese all look like they might be chicken turtles except the one at the bottom. Its shell has slightly more defined dermal plates. Might be a red-eared slider, but can't see the side of the head to be sure.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltFun!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Barton Springs
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

Step and I took a walk over to the river and snapped a few shots.

Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltSome of those prickly pear fruits look ripe!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltIsn't it gorgeous?
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Can't have too many turtles
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltTurtles look like they are really enjoying basking in the sun! Not so much here in Dayton, OH, although it did get up to 40F with some sun for my afternoon ride.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltTemps were in the 70s here!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Another pretty heron
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Bill ShaneyfeltJust to make it clear, this is not the same Colorado River that runs through the Grand Canyon. It empties in the Gulf of California.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Bill ShaneyfeltThanks Bill! Looks like it pops out of the ground just south of Lubbock, Texas!
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Nancy MathisrudMerry Christmas a day late and a Happy New Year. Take care of yourselves.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Janet Anspach-RickeyTo Nancy MathisrudWonderful Holidays to you and Bob. We have rain here in Austin today so we are doing as little as possible. Emma made an awesome frittata for breakfast this morning! I love her cooking. We have the next few days of riding and lodging worked out.
Reply to this comment
5 years ago
Nancy MathisrudShe is a good cook. We miss all of you. The children are missing their Auntie Em and bike riding. Safe travels and stay healthy, my crazy friends :)
Reply to this comment
5 years ago