A Texan Gift - Heading South For a Promise of A Warmer Winter - CycleBlaze

December 12, 2018

A Texan Gift

Marathon to Sanderson

This was our home at La Loma Del Chivo in Marathon. Woke up to a mild morning. We wanted to get an early start for this 50+ day.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The shower house.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Em took this one in the evening.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The kitchen where we heated up our dinner last night. Fortunately Stan was near and showed us how to turn the lights on. He rode through a few years ago and keeps coming back. We really enjoyed our stay at the hostel.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode over to the restaurant which was open at 7:30. By 8am someone showed up and made breakfast. The cook arrived just as the waitress finished making our meal!

We walked over to the grocery store and bought sandwiches for later. There is nothing between Marathon and Sanderson except the Wild West!

It's warmer than we thought it would be! First clothing stop!
Heart 1 Comment 0
What a nice day of cycling with a gentle wind out of the west, southwest.
Heart 1 Comment 0
I hear a train acoming.
Heart 1 Comment 0
There it is!
Heart 2 Comment 0
We climbed the first 20 miles.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Lots of interesting hills.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Topping the climb!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Downhill for 35 miles!!! Sweet!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
The fun Texas gates are starting.
Heart 2 Comment 0
We keep seeing this Frito Lay driver. What a sweet man. He was unloading at the Stripes in Sanderson. He gave us a couple of packages of peanut butter crackers to help us get to Langtry tomorrow.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Here we are at the Budget Inn. Danny and his mom are still here and he says she is cooking us dinner tonight! Indian, yum!
Heart 2 Comment 0
Meanwhile, we are resting up for another big day tomorrow! Danny handed me a tray of snacks to hold us over until dinner at 7!
Heart 1 Comment 0
After showers and a nap, we headed over to the Ranchhouse to get food for the ride to Langtry tomorrow. We hear there is not much at the Wagon Wheel Store so we are going to take enough food for lunch and dinner tomorrow.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The gals are still packing at the Ranchhouse!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beautiful walking back to our room!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Danny brought us dinner for tonight. His mom is 80 and cooked up a yummy south Indian meal.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Yum!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 2,867 miles (4,614 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0