Walking Around and on to the Rooftops of the Seville Cathedral - Poking Around Europe 7.0 - CycleBlaze

September 28, 2022

Walking Around and on to the Rooftops of the Seville Cathedral

Seville

Strava says we walked over 30 kilometres today, and on the one hand I find that hard to believe, but on the other hand I do believe it. We walked and walked and walked. 


A real bike culture here.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Police officers on gorgeous horses.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Beautiful fan.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Our first goal was Royal Alcázars of Seville, one of the oldest palaces still in use. The upper stories of the Alcázar are used by the Spanish royal family when they are in Seville. Goal number two was the train station, to get some firm information about bikes and trains in Spain. We were able to accomplish both those things in the morning. 

Roof detail in the palace.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Beautiful ceramics on display.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Awwwww.
Heart 5 Comment 0
The gardens in the palace.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Another entry for our daughter in law’s ‘is it garbage or is it art’ collection.
Heart 3 Comment 1
Scott AndersonDefinitely Art.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Over a Sangria stop though, it became clear that we needed to add another must do to the list. A dentist for Keith. There has been a problem for some time now, and it really was necessary to get things looked at. Some internet research and more walking, and we found a dentist that was absolutely wonderful to us. She was kind, professional and took him in without an appointment immediately. We now have a diagnosis, a prescription for antibiotics and he should be good until we get home, when things will have to be dealt with.   As a result, I had paella for dinner, and Keith had a milkshake. I don’t actually think that worried him too much! 

The bike lanes are well used.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Train station.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Metropol Parasol.
Heart 4 Comment 0
Pretty amazing structure popularly known as the Mushrooms.
Heart 4 Comment 0

The highlight of the day though was a roof top tour of the Cathedral. It was absolutely astonishing. The views of course, and the privilege of being the only people in the Cathedral, but the real treat was learning how they actually accomplished the feat of building these magnificent structures back in the day. We have always found that hard to comprehend. 



Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 6 Comment 1
Scott AndersonThis looks amazing. If we ever make it back to Seville we should take this tour ourselves.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Heart 2 Comment 0


It is after 11 PM and we just got back to the room. More tomorrow. 

We started walking at about 10 AM and finished about 11 PM with a few breaks. It was a fabulous day.
Heart 4 Comment 1
David MathersHow much Sangria did you have?
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

Rate this entry's writing Heart 9
Comment on this entry Comment 7
David MathersFabulous photos!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Jacquie GaudetPoor Keith! I can relate... At least he should be able to eat real food for the rest of the trip.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesSteve had a tooth issue just before we left. A week on antibiotics and a weeks worth to bring with us just in case and here we are. It has so far not flared again so hopefully good until we get home. Wishing the same for Keith. Tooth issues on tour take a lot of the fun out of things, don't they.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kathleen ClassenThank you so much for this information. It is encouraging.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Jacquie GaudetYogurt for breakfast this morning. At this rate he will shrink. Thank you for the sympathy. We are staying an extra day in Seville while he gets started on the antibiotics. Fingers crossed they work.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Scott AndersonI’m so sorry about Keith’s situation. I think I worry about tooth emergencies overseas more than almost anything else. It’s at least lucky that you’re in a place where he was able to get care so quickly.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rachael AndersonYour photos reminded me how much I love Seville! Sorry about your tooth, Keith but glad you got it taken care of.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago