Day 7 - Pritchett Colorado to the Kansas State Line - It Remains To Be Seen - CycleBlaze

September 23, 2022

Day 7 - Pritchett Colorado to the Kansas State Line

Today is the last and final day of this tour. The riders decided to go as far as the Colorado/Kansas line. One of the reasons is to respect the grain trucks on the road as harvest is in full swing. The day started out from Pritchett, CO. They rode hard to get to the finish line. The sun was shining, they had open road, and low traffic. This area had rain the night before so there was humidity in the air making it hot! The scenery changed to row crops and farming. Now the grain bins and elevators can be seen. Forty-seven miles were ridden today making an all time total of 442 miles! This was calculated from Olathe, CO to the Colorado/Kansas line - twenty miles east of Walsh, CO. James and Jerrell found the people of eastern Colorado to be friendly and courteous. The bicycles held up well, the newly designed gear mounts Jerrell designed functioned flawlessly. When asked the riders, "how do you feel?" Their reply was, "I feel good!" They loved the route, but the only thing they would do different is choose a day, other than the weekend, to go over Monarch. I must give a shout out to the SAG driver! Jeanette, you did amazing!! The cyclists appreciated it very much and couldn't have done it without you!! I was privileged to tag along a couple of days - which I enjoyed!

To celebrate this huge accomplishment, dinner called for sushi, rhubarb pie, and ice cream.

Written by Kara Nichols

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 47 miles (76 km)
Total: 443 miles (713 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0