Day 155 - Dinadiawan, Dipaculao, Aurora to Baler, Aurora - The Man Who Cycled The Philippines - CycleBlaze

February 17, 2019

Day 155 - Dinadiawan, Dipaculao, Aurora to Baler, Aurora

61km of smooth and well-paved roads from KM.426 × KM.290 from Gatioan Hotel and Resort, Dinadiawan Aurora Province to KM.230(+1) Aurora Provincial Capitol Baler Aurora Province.

Gentle rolling terrain on the coastal road from Kuya Jo Restaurant, where I had breakfast, to Dipaculao Town Hall, except for a series of long but easy climbs on a couple of moderate hills from KM.283 to KM.281 to KM.279 and from KM.264 to KM.261 to KM.258; then flat as a pancake to Aurora Provincial Capitol in Baler. 

There's a longish stretch, about 30km, with no eateries open on Sundays, from Dinadiawan Agri Beach Resort to before Dipaculao town proper. In between are two series of long climbs on moderate hills. After scaling the first series of hills from KM.283 to KM.281 to KM.279, my tummy started to rumble; at KM.268 in Barangay Borlongan ay talagang matindi na ang gutom ko, even my small intestines were growling. Maybe because I had only a few sauteed vegetables and a cup of rice for breakfast, it's 1pm and I still can't find a place to eat. As usual, like what I did in a remote vast sugarland in Murcia, Negros Occidental, at mga diskarte ko sa iba pang lugar, I bought dried fish, round eggplants and bagoong (a Filipino perfume) from a roadside sari-sari store and asked the lady storekeeper, who happens to belong to the dreaded Ilongot tribe of headhunters, to cook the food I purchased from her little store. Nagpa-saing na rin ako sa kanya ng isang kalderong kanin. Wala na akong pakialam kung lalasonin at pagkatapos ay pupugotan ako ng ulo dahil wala naman akong takot o kutob na naramdaman. I have no fear of real danger when there's a need to quell a revolution going on inside my stomach, basta ang alam ko lang ay hilong-talilong na ako sa gutom. It turned out that she's the wife pala of the amiable pastor in the small chapel beside the store, at siyempre civilized na rin si manang tindera. My faith in humanity was restored once again. End of dramatic narrative. Walang ganyang kwento sa Strava!

Dinadiawan Agri Beach Resort: video • https://www.facebook.com/atty.dizon/videos/pcb.1907717982690585/2237455949679997/?type=3&theater

Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0