Melbourne again - Australia Gold Fields, Grampians and Great Ocean Road plus The 7 Peaks - CycleBlaze

October 27, 2019

Melbourne again

More wandering around Melbourne today as I slowly acclimatize to the time zone.  We passed a park at Melbourne museum and strolled the river again before stopping for a lunch break.  This afternoon we attended the play Come From Away which I have been trying to see ever since it was produced a few years ago.  I had to come half way across the world to finally see it but it was worth it.  The play is fantastic and I would encourage everyone to see it.  I have tickets again in Toronto at the end of November.

Tomorrow we head to Bendigo to begin the cycle trip.

The fountain in the park near the museum.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The theatre where we saw Come From Away.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The pub where we watched last nights rugby match and where I may go again tonight.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We visited the Victoria market this morning as part of our wanderings. It is huge.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Another entrance to the market that has everything you can imagine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
China town.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Captain Matthew Flinders (16 March 1774 – 19 July 1814) was an English navigator and cartographer who led the second circumnavigation of New Holland that he would subsequently call "Australia or Terra Australis" and identified it as a continent. Abel Tasman had circumnavigated it more widely in 1642-43[1] and had charted its north coast in 1644.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Flinders railway station. This once prominent landmark is now dwarfed by all of the high rise buildings.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 0