Melbourne - Australia Gold Fields, Grampians and Great Ocean Road plus The 7 Peaks - CycleBlaze

October 26, 2019

Melbourne

Today I went walk about with my nephew Kyle who took a break from his studies in Sydney to come and visit his auntie in Melbourne.  Unlike me I did not have a plan for the day so we headed towards the Yarra River and the botanical gardens and just wandered.  We also found a massive war memorial/museum.  The weather was iffy again today with repeated bouts of brief rain showers plus strong winds so after lunch we opted for a nap before going out for Chinese food with Deb and Ron.  After dinner Kyle and I went to an English pub to watch the world rugby semifinals between England and New Zealand, the English went home happy.

Melbourne is a very modern city with massive amounts of construction happening.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A view of the river and the concrete jungle of central Melbourne.
Heart 0 Comment 0
One of several foot bridges across the Yarra. This one has the Pony Fish Pub underneath it.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The women’s memorial garden.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A waterfall in the botanical gardens.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Again.
Heart 1 Comment 0
A large poppy at the war memorial. This photo was taken from the upper terrace of the memorial.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The war memorial building.
Heart 1 Comment 0
The city in the background with the eternal flame in the foreground.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The first lieutenant governor of the state of Victoria.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Enjoying a Pony Fish beer at the pub by the same name. As you can tell it was a chilly day.
Heart 1 Comment 0
More of the city and the river on which there were numerous rowers.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Watching the world rugby championships.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Gail JohnsonHello from the talking room! Thanks for the post, now I have something to read while enjoying my coffee in the morning.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago