I’d better practice - Ohio Odyssey - CycleBlaze

September 18, 2023

I’d better practice

Millersburg to Massillon

We started the first several miles today on the Holmes trail, which was a shared used trail designed to accommodate Amish buggies. Although this involves dodging manure again, we enjoyed the ride up until the point it started to rain. Of course, after putting the raincoats on it’s slowed down and we ended up with actually pretty good weather throughout the morning.  For much of the rest of the day, we were diverted onto rural roads and entertained ourselves by guessing which were Amish farms. Interestingly, the terrain reminded us of Lancaster County in Pennsylvania. 

Since we were no longer on rail trails, there were some more significant hills. Margaret was pointing out which direction the sunflowers should face.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We stumbled upon this bicycle rest, stop created by a Warm Showers host along the bike route. Since we are at Warm Showers’s house, we were happy to sign their guestbook.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We found a AirB&B in Massillon. The accommodations are a little sparse, and Allen and Margaret will have to navigate through our bedroom at night to get to the only bathroom. Margaret decided to practice navigating in the dark to the bathroom before going to bed. Breaking your pinky toe causes you to become a little more cautious I guess.

Several pieces of furniture were on wheels which stuck out pinky toe stubbing height. We wore shoes while in the house and made good use of cushions.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Saw this near the washing machine in the basement. I’d love to hear the story behind this purchase.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ohio did a good job marking this route. We are following state bicycle route number one which happens to be the Ohio to Erie Trail. Several years ago I got confused because of the resemblance of the Ohio signs and the USBRS signs.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Late in the day Rhona felt the need to stretch her back…as one does.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Millersburg to Massillion
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 48 miles (77 km)
Total: 298 miles (480 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0