70th in Columbus - Ohio Odyssey - CycleBlaze

September 15, 2023

70th in Columbus

Today is my 70th birthday, an event I reach a few months before Rhona. She really seems to respect my maturity and wisdom, at least that’s the vibe I get from her. 

She bought me a gift pack of our favorite snack candies, M&M’s and then we ended up eating lunch in the M&M Diner in London, Ohio.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Mike AylingMany happy returns!
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Karen PoretTo Mike AylingAgreed! Especially since the ad on the far left side of placemat is for a funeral home!😬
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
We started the day at Xenia Station, where 5 bicycle trails converge.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Fairies build little towns on top of stumps here in Ohio.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We’re getting spoiled riding these smooth asphalt trails in this part of Ohio. In addition to shade we are mostly sheltered from the wind by trees or corn. 

Xenia to Columbus
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 52 miles (84 km)
Total: 148 miles (238 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Bill ShaneyfeltYou are about 40 something miles from Dayton. If you ride rail trails through here, you will encounter a detour of just under 2 miles of local streets that is somewhat hillier than the trails... On the other hand, it is possible to hike a bike around the big concrete barricades on either side of the work if you pass through during non work hours.

The intersection of Iron Horse trail and Creekside (where it turns north) is about a mile and a half from where I live. It would be interesting to meet and ride a few miles together.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
Bill ShaneyfeltI intended to say congrats on the milestone! Happy Birthday!

When you reach 50 you are old, but at 70 you become aged... I know, I have 7+ years of aged experience.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago
David FritschTo Bill ShaneyfeltHi Bill, I don’t think we”lol be heading your direction. It would have been fun to meet up.
Reply to this comment
7 months ago