Northward Ho - Ohio Odyssey - CycleBlaze

September 14, 2023

Northward Ho

Today we started the ride north on the Ohio to Erie Trail. We joined the trail again at Milford station and enjoyed the mostly smooth macadam path. 

Loveland, Ohio has probably the best bicycle infrastructure I’ve seen in a trail town in the United States. Unfortunately, I didn’t stop to take pictures of it until just outside of town where this friendly stump caught our attention.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We stopped for lunch in Morro at a small Mexican restaurant. Outside the restaurant they had made good use of repurposed bicycle parts.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Kathleen ClassenI love this! What a great idea.
Reply to this comment
6 months ago
We spied thisEV Comuta-car sitting with flat tires. Made in 1980 with a top speed of 40 mph and a 50 mile range.
Heart 1 Comment 0
On my first view, I feared it was being used to tow the trailer, but it was just chained to it.
Heart 0 Comment 0

We finished up Xenia, the self-proclaimed “Trail Town” because 5 trails converge here. We are staying in the worst hotel we’ve seen in years. I tell myself it’s slightly cleaner than camping.
I decided not to list the name of the supposedly 2 star hotel but will message the name of the hotel of anyone interested. Rhona thought I should include some representative pictures. 

In spite of how the drapes looked they actually blocked the light.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rhona started to wash her socks in the ice bucket. There was a hole in the bucket. She picked up a paper towel in order to clean up the water off of the floor in front of the sink. This is the dirt that remained on the paper towel. To say the least, she wasn’t very happy.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Neither the sink nor the tub drain, actually drained. This actually wasn’t as big a problem as it might’ve been, because the soap provided was so weak that relatively little dirt washed off our bodies
Heart 0 Comment 0

In spite of the problems, the clerk was cheerful and personable. The hotel was overbooked. Tomorrow on to Columbus. 

Milford to Xenia
Heart 0 Comment 0


Today's ride: 55 miles (89 km)
Total: 96 miles (154 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0