Napier NZ: Casual trail ride to the pub - New Zealand Cycle Adventure - CycleBlaze

December 30, 2016

Napier NZ: Casual trail ride to the pub

Another great day in NZ this time with perfect weather. Patti and I played golf today at the Hastings club with two members from Royal Colwood who spend 3 months in the Hawkes Bay Area. We had a fun time inspire of our golf. Hastings is a beautiful course but LONG. We played the forward tees and it was still over 6000 yds. After golf we stopped at a local winery because you just have to when there are so many. We went to Te Awa and sampled 5 different wines. We purchased a rosé and a Pinot noir. Patti was tempted to try the rosé slushy but since she had to drive she didn't. Once back at Derek and Linda's we went for a casual bike ride along the path system to a pub for dinner. It was a very pleasant way to go to the local pub.

A flock of sheep next to a tee on the golf course. Sheep and cows are everywhere here we even passed a bull on the cycle path on the way to the pub.
Heart 0 Comment 0
My fellow Royal Colwood members at the Hastings Club.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Patti with our rosé in front of the slushy machine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Derek and Linda out current hosts on the cycle path we road to the pub.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ordering dinner at the pub.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Dinner at the pub with beer or wine depending upon your poison.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Kiwi fruit on the vine.
Heart 0 Comment 0
We are in Taradale a suburb of Napier
Heart 0 Comment 0
A Jacaranda tree in flower. These are more common in Australia than NZ.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Me on my borrowed trusty steed for today's ride.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 22 km (14 miles)
Total: 254 km (158 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0