Day 0: made it to the start line - Coasting the New England Coast - CycleBlaze

September 23, 2021

Day 0: made it to the start line

We woke up early after a restful night; to make it to the airport for our 11:10 flight.

When we entered the airport we made it our first task; to follow federal TSA protocol and put on our mask. It stayed on during the flight as planned; all the way until we landed at Portland (Maine). The passengers seated behind us spoke about chimpanzees, and about how they couldn’t swim because of their heavy bone densities.

Until this delta variant is gone, we have to fly with our masks on
Heart 1 Comment 0

Once we landed, and deplaned, and began to stroll, to ground transportation which was our goal; since Lyft drivers weren’t available instead of causing a stir, we booked and alternate über.

Once we departed the airport, We arrived at our room with a view to the port. We shipped our bikes ahead of time so they’d be there when we arrived; we asked for them at check-in, and they were supplied. Thanks to a multi-tool and some bike mechanic power, I had the bikes assembled in just under an hour. 

Before I could have my hamburger with fries, I had to take care of bikes and the maze of zip-ties
Heart 0 Comment 0
It’s my iPhone so I couldn’t zoom, in on the fantastic view we had from our room
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrows forecast is changing, there may be rain; but I guess that’s riding the coast of Maine. Until tomorrow when I update this blog, here’s hoping tomorrows ride isn’t like two years ago, getting bit by a dog. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0