God rest ye merry gentleman: Days 54, 55 and 56 - Gravenhurst and Burlington - And Then We Pedalled...... Cross Canada 2015 - CycleBlaze

July 26, 2015

God rest ye merry gentleman: Days 54, 55 and 56 - Gravenhurst and Burlington

Ok, it's not Christmas but our bodies have been thankful for the break. We spent the last three days off the bikes and with family in Gravenhurst and Burlington.

The geographically astute will recognize that these two places are about 250 km apart and yes we crossed over to the dark side for a day and a half and rented a car to go to Burlington. The alternative would have been at least two days of biking to get to Burlington and then the prospect of getting through the Toronto area by bike. Without much hesitation we decided to use Gravenhurst as a base and drive to Burlington to see my brother and sister in law. It all worked out well, and the heavy traffic as we got close to Toronto assured us we made the right decision to drive down there and then back out.

Thank you Millie and Lynne and Blaine for putting us up and wineing and dining us for the last three days. They were three complete days of rest. We're ready to hit the road again tomorrow, heading toward Belleville to see more friends! Hard core biking won't start again until after the August long weekend. We are thinking of this as a mid term break!

Lobsterfest with Millie. She grew up in the Maritimes and knows how to pick these crusty sea bugs clean!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Clean sun dried cycling shirts! No more damp wool smell!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Nice shot of the Burlington waterfront where my bother Blaine and his wife Lynne live
Heart 0 Comment 0
My brother Blaine and sister in law Lynne with some other random person who keeps showing up in most of these pictures!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A bonus in Burlington! Our friends Pat and Marjory, who we met many years ago in Aberdeen, and then had the pleasure of being posted to Calgary at the same time, were in Burlington today too. Pat grew up here before taking off to literally work around the world. Nice to be able to run into them for a quick catch up!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The Dog Days of Summer. Scene outside the Gravenhurst bike shop.Forecast is for 34 c tomorrow..... Smokin.....
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0