Les Bourges des Comptes to Redon - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

August 8, 2012

Les Bourges des Comptes to Redon

Another hot day ahead. The ride along the canal continues to be a lovely way to see France from a different perspective. We see so many families and couples spending their day by the river fishing. We didn’t realize what a passion the French have for this sport. Most people have at least six fishing poles set up and they establish themselves for the day. Along the canal, we see permanent stands for fishing poles that are available for anyone to use.
As well, we are seeing many cycle tourists taking advantage of this canal route - mostly mountain bikes and BOB trailers.
Camped in a lovely municipal campground on the canal - as tenters we were able to get a site right on the water. A beautiful way to end the day and enjoy the view from our tent.
The young woman working there was interested to hear that we were from Canada - she had graduated from University last year and was still unable to find work (other than the campground) and is intending to emigate to Quebec. She explained how difficult the economy is in France and the challenges facing young people.

This sign was in an outhouse in a park beside the canal. What's a guy to do?
Heart 0 Comment 0
A well signed outhouse - always helpful!
Heart 0 Comment 0
A beautiful old stone lock house along the canal.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 70 km (43 miles)
Total: 817 km (507 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0