Leaving Belgrade - London to Istanbul on a Recumbent Tandem - CycleBlaze

November 4, 2012

Leaving Belgrade

Enjoying breakfast at Villa Marija
Heart 0 Comment 0
The living room at Villa Marija is for the use of the guests - another thoughtful touch that makes you feel welcome.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Front entrance to Villa Marija. We learned that the house was built in the 30's in the popular French style - bedrooms typically had ensuites.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our deck is the middle one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
#31 - the bus we took in to the centre of Belgrade - always full with standing room only on these buses.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our bedroom
Heart 0 Comment 0
We have felt so at home here, we are sorry to leave...yet we are excited to go to Istanbul. Travel is full of bittersweet moments like this.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our hosts at Villa Marija
Heart 0 Comment 0
Belgrade Airport - we're flying with JAT, the Serbian Airline.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And we're off to Istanbul
Heart 0 Comment 0
Here we go! Our first flight since arriving in Gatwick four months ago.
Heart 0 Comment 0
A smooth and quick flight to Istanbul. A nostalgic look back at a river we have gotten to know so well over the past few months.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The flight was a little over an hour and we were given this small snack of a sandwich and beverage. JAT Airways have been great to deal with: good customer service, responsive to queries and accommodating to our bike. Their reputation boasts a very safe record.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0