Day 62 - Last day in Lecce - 9 1/2 Weeks - Copenhagen to Lecce 2019 - CycleBlaze

November 19, 2019

Day 62 - Last day in Lecce

Packed up ...

A very short post today. Extremely easy pack up of the bikes, got checked in and three days of pics uploaded and verbiage written.

We saw most of he main sites yesterday so today was  a little bit of a wander, a light lunch and another good dinner.  A very relaxed way to end this tour. 

Well, its not quite ended yet. We fly to Rome tomorrow morning. Hopefully we can find a place at the airport to store our bikes, and if so, we will head into Rome for an afternoon and evening tour. We have a B&B booked for the night near the airport and our flight back to Canada leaves on Thursday morning. From here on on it's 'regular traveler' type stuff with airports, security and a whole bunch of other people getting stressed out while they travel!

So, a few random pics to frame the day. Off to sleep and then the travel marathon begins.

Song of the Day, Two Tickets To Paradise by Eddie Money .... covered by another geezer era band , REO Speedwagon. Loved this song when I was in Uni a looong time ago. Eddie passed away just a few months ago ... shows how long we've been around. Anyway, great song and we've got our "bags packed to leave tonight!", and as much as we like to travel, our little corner of the world in the Canadian Rockies that we call home is paradise for us.

Pedals off, bars zap tied to the frame...
Heart 1 Comment 0
Done! Easiest pack up ever!
Heart 1 Comment 0
We took a quick trip around the Lecce castle in the morning ... not much to see ... most of it was fenced off with construction . renovation underway. We did see this cool old carriage though
Heart 1 Comment 0

 

... and this ... I have no idea what it is ... some type of agricultural machine?
Heart 2 Comment 0
... three guesses for what this is!
Heart 2 Comment 0
We were wandering by an elementary school when classes finished. All kinds of parents waiting to pick up their kids ... but not many cars ... they don't fit in places like this!
Heart 0 Comment 0
K barely fits!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Final goodbye from Lecce ... we would recommend this area to anyone whether you are biking or not!
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Scott AndersonThanks so much for taking us along, folks! Have a safe flight home.
Reply to this comment
4 years ago