To Inns - Krakow to Salzburg 1999 - CycleBlaze

August 31, 1999

To Inns

This morning Rachael awoke with indigestion, the east nest of a condition that came and went with varying degrees for a week.  At its worst she was quite uncomfortable, afraid to eat, and afraid to get too far afield on a bike.  At first she thought it might be related to my illness in Krakow, then that food poisoning might be involved.  It eventually ran its course, finally disappearing in Zell am Zimmer.

The Melk to Inns ride was a continuation of yesterday’s leisurely but upwind ride beside the Danube.  Other than the bicycle ferry crossing north he over, the only especially interesting feature was a spell at one of the many dams of the river, visiting with a Belgian cyclist as we watched a pod of barges and other craft navigating the locks.

Inns was a good place to stop.  Pretty and quiet, although we had some difficulty finding north to do beyond get a room and sleep. 

(I can’t associate any photos at all with this day.  Which is fine - there are tons of photos out there from the this stretch Danube Cyclepath already.)

Today's ride: 85 km (53 miles)
Total: 462 km (287 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0