Titusville to Wickham Park: For a couple of nights camping - Central Florida and Some Baseball - CycleBlaze

March 20, 2012

Titusville to Wickham Park: For a couple of nights camping

Kim writes:

We had another day of riding, eating, and stopping for breaks. The SSE winds are forecasted to continue for he rest of the week so that will be good news for the ride home on Thursday and Friday. Am enjoying the sunshine and blue skies!!! Tonight we're planning to set up our tent at Wickham Park Campground, hoping that the one available spot remains available until we arrive.

I have some photos to add, but I'm writing this update a day late so will check for them later.

John writes:

Kim and I started today with a pig-out breakfast at Steve's Family Diner. Then we hopped onto a very busy, noisy US 1 south out of Titusville. It was not pretty, especially as we fought the headwinds.

However, after eight miles, we turned left onto Indian River Drive, which paralleled US 1 to the south. It was a beautiful, two-lane road with the Indian River on our left and houses of the rich-n-famous on our right. We stopped in Cocoa and ate lunch at Cafe Margaux, which was waaaaaay too nice of a place to eat in the middle of a bike ride. I had to take my leftover pasta with me.

After 13 total miles on Indian River Drive/Rockledge Drive, we rejoined US 1 - ugh - for the final leg of today's journey to get the last available camp site at Wickham Park. Whew! After setting up our tent in what was a nice, secluded site, I ate part of my leftover pasta and then showered.

We were asleep in our sleeping bags by 8:30.

Tonight's campsite at Wickham Park
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 38 miles (61 km)
Total: 85 miles (137 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0